Job Title: Inbound Content Writer
Salary: Up to £25k depending on experience
Location: UK, Midlands
City: Lichfield (near Birmingham)
Contract Type: Permanent
Company Description: Read more about ClickThrough.
Job Purpose & Description
This role is about taking ownership of delivering high quality content. The primary focus will be on creating inbound content for use in HubSpot and other platforms as required, there will also be opportunities to work on other client projects as requested by the Head of Content. If you’ve spent the last couple of years working in an agency creating a variety of on and off line content for B2B clients, and now you want something more. This is a different challenge for a more creative content creator.
We’re all about digital marketing, so you’ll need to be as well. You will be creating content for email marketing, inbound marketing and websites, so you’ll need to understand the methodologies behind each of these channels. As a Certified HubSpot Gold Partner, we’re looking for someone who can apply the content they’ve created to a marketing automation campaign that nurtures visitors, prospects and leads through the buyer journey.
You’ll demand high standards of yourself
You’ll have an incredible eye for detail, a borderline obsession with grammar and an uncanny knack for creating compelling content that delivers the right message to the right audience. You’ll be able to adapt your style to suit a wide variety of audiences, topics and markets, and if you can tell a good story about any subject, then this is the role for you.
It’s all about organic search
You’ll be fully versed in content optimisation and it will be second nature to you. You’ll have the support of leading-edge technical SEO knowledge and experience, and you’ll learn even more tricks of the trade when it comes to optimising content for search.
You’ll be self-sufficient and a great team player
You’ll work happily and productively on your own as well as part of a team, and you’ll enjoy working with clients, listening to their requirements and translating them in to carefully crafted content.
While your focus will be on producing content within a specialist area, you’ll work closely with the existing team of in-house content writers and will support each other when it comes to proofing, editing and brainstorming ideas.
- Creating engaging, informative SEO friendly content that aligns with the inbound marketing methodology and best practice.
- Create engaging content appropriate to the buyer persona and to the stage in the buyer journey
- Create copy that is consistent with clients’ tone of voice and brand guidelines.
- Upload content to HubSpot (email, landing pages, social messaging and downloadable content), ensuring copy is optimised and all technical settings are correct
- Create automated campaigns using HubSpot’s campaign management and automated workflow tools
- Test and verify all elements of campaigns before launching
- Carry out persona research and analysis to be delivered to the client
- Create and manage content calendars
- Research, creation and distribution of blog posts, articles, infographic content and eBooks
- Ensuring the quality of all content output
- Manage day-to-day client relationships and answering digital marketing content questions over the phone, via email and face-to-face for client retention and growth.
- Understand client objectives, strategies and the competitive environment.
The ideal candidate should have:
- Experience writing for multiple channels, including email, web pages, blogs, social media, eBooks, infographics etc.
- 2-3 years’ experience in creating digital content, ideally within a B2B context
- Experience working in a fast-paced agency environment
- A good portfolio of work that shows wide variety
- Able to work to deadlines
- The ability to interpret client briefs into compelling content
Ideal candidates should be able to demonstrate they have experience in the following:
- Have experience of working within HubSpot or other inbound and marketing automation platforms
- Have experience of working on inbound marketing campaigns
- Have an understanding of buyer journeys, buyer personas and how these fit into content funnels
- A degree in Journalism, English, PR or similar
How To Apply