Job Title: Web Developer
Salary: Up to £23k depending upon experience
Location: UK, Midlands
City: Lichfield (near Birmingham)
Contract Type: Permanent
Company Description: Read more about ClickThrough.
Do you know your RSS from your elbow? Does a good script mean more to you than just Shakespeare? If you’re API and you know it, clap your hands. We need you.
If you’re bored of building the same style website, knowing the answers to most problems before even being asked, or are rarely asked for input on projects, now could be the time for a change.
We are looking for a creative, logical and analytical web developer to join our web development team: someone with an excellent knowledge of PHP, databases and the latest web technologies.
The successful candidate will be responsible for helping to develop a number of in-house reporting and data analysis systems, in the form of web applications.
We know web developers offer more than just HTML page coding. We want to utilise your skills, experience and ideas for all kinds of exciting projects: from crafting web crawling scripts to utilising site APIs, creating microsites to setting up new blogs.
An additional aspect of the role will include auditing client websites and providing development support to clients.
As a result of our continued success, we are looking for a Web Developer to assist in the creation of high-quality, scalable web applications, as well as supporting our clients’ web development.
Part of the role will involve analysing external websites, and reporting on compliance with SEO best practice (with full training provided by our Director of Organic Search).
This successful candidate will already be a highly organised Web Developer with experience in developing robust web applications.
- Supporting the Web Development Manager in all aspects of web application development.
- Database design.
- Monitoring and reporting on the performance of the websites under your control.
- Clearly communicating technical issues to non-technical stakeholders, both verbally and written.
- Responsibility for the administration, security and disaster recovery of all web servers under your control.
- Develop exemplary websites, digital assets and web applications, for internal and external clients, to specification and in a timely fashion.
- Give due consideration to security, efficiency and search engine implications for all projects under your control.
We are looking for an experienced developer with the following skills:
- Minimum of three years’ commercial experience in web development and database design, within a fast paced environment.
- Excellent understanding of web usability best practice and effective GUI development.
- Excellent project management and organisational skills.
- Strong relationship building skills, both internal and client-facing.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to display a creative approach to projects.
- Outstanding attention to detail, quality and accuracy.
- Effective time management and ability to meet tight deadlines.
- An understanding of the following web technologies:
- Apache webserver
- UNIX-based servers
- SOAP/REST APIs
- Domains and DNS
- The ideal candidate will also have experience of version control systems, payment gateway integration and unit testing.
Relevant qualifications are of interest. However, they will need to be supported with proven web development experience in a commercial environment.