Job Title: Web Project Manager
Salary: £30-£35k depending upon experience
Location: UK, Midlands
City: Lichfield (near Birmingham)
Contract Type: Permanent
Company Description: Read more about ClickThrough.
Job Purpose & Description
To manage all aspects of day-to-day web design & development projects, proactive in reviewing processes, design & development tasks and monitoring quality of work & delivery produced by the agency. Managing all projects from client sign off, through to final delivery, within budget while meeting all deadlines.
The Web Project Manager at ClickThrough is a central & pivotal role for the Web Development department of the Agency. You are key to driving operational productivity within the department – being the interface between Client Services & the design/development studio.
You will manage the delivery team by using our internal time/job management system, prioritising & allocating projects/tasks through our project management boards such as Trello.
This role requires someone who is highly motivated – a self-starter, organised, proactive and driven. Timelines and roadmap governance skills are essential.
You will need to be resilient, used to working to shifting priorities, deadlines and handling demanding situations with a smile and a ‘can-do’ attitude. Essential skills include experience and knowledge of the digital design process, agile, scrum methodologies and the web development & software build processes.
You will draw on your solid digital project management or web development background to manage the flow of work through the studio, direct all traffic, ensure profitability and manage all staff accordingly.
- Ensure that all work is briefed by client services (CS) when scheduled
- Working with the CS team to understand the nature of the project and prioritise resource accordingly
- Creating a weekly schedule for the Studio through Synergist (our job management system)
- Chair daily scheduling meetings with CS & Studio team to review progress
- Ensure that all work is briefed by CS when scheduled
- Managing resource requests by ensuring that the requirements received are of a suitable quality to be scheduled and to push back for further definition when needed.
- Manage “can you just” requests to minimise disruption to Studio whilst still delivering excellent client service.
- Day-to-day management, prioritisation of Studio processes, tasks & projects.
- Identifying day-to-day resource issues and resolving them with the relevant individuals.
- Understanding individual skillsets and experience in order to ensure the right resource is assigned to the right project.
- Ensure that timing plans for each project are created and time is recorded against each job.
- Monitor the life cycle of all projects and take ownership of each deadline and deliverable set by the CS team.
- Resourcing and engaging with freelancers / suppliers when additional resources is required.
- Manage freelance resource and budget.
- Manage freelancer admin, including getting quotes, signed NDAs, raising POs.
- Ensuring timely delivery of work in a way that meets and exceeds client expectations and enhances the ClickThrough brand.
- Define new tools and processes with the relevant teams.
- Provision of regular management reports detailing budgets and profitability.
- Meet capacity targets while maintaining quality output.
The ideal candidate should have:
- Excellent interpersonal skills – Approachable, persuasive, encouraging, and motivating
- Excellent time management skills with attention to detail and the ability to multi-task.
- Ability to present solutions or explain issues clearly and succinctly.
- Ability to communicate effectively in order to pull teams together and get projects delivered.
- Able to develop a strong and positive relationship with the Client Services team and Studio.
- A good listener and team player who works well under pressure.
- An organised individual who thrives on process and order.
- A positive and calm person able to solve problems in a fast moving environment.
- Numerate with excellent attention to detail.
- Positive and pro-active.
- Flexible and ability to react quickly.
Ideal candidates should be able to demonstrate they have experience in the following:
- Previous experience working within a web agency or large web development team.
- Experience in project management, where you successfully handled a number of projects simultaneously.
- Workflow management experience – streamlining & organising a busy studio are essential.
- Strong project management skills (timings, costs, resource planning, etc.)
- Experience of Agile, daily standups & Scrum methodologies would be useful
- Experience in a Web Development team either through hands on experience or project management.
- Understanding of basic web development would be useful e.g. HTML, CSS.
How To Apply