As social media marketing budgets continue to grow, it’s vitally important to have a way to assess how your efforts are going.
Heidi Cohen, writing for ClickZ, has produced a ‘Social Media Marketing Checkup’ to help businesses get a decisive mid-year insight into their marketing efforts.
Here is a summary of the five points provided:
- How do your current social media marketing efforts look? – Check all marketing platforms across the various digital channels, including social sharing. Look back at targets and use information, such as social media-supported sales figures, to determine the success.
- Take a look around – Be aware of your environment. Look at the wider ongoing and upcoming trends, be it in politics, the economy or technology – it can be useful in helping you decide whether your approach needs to be altered. Monitor the talk about your business, products and keywords.
- What are your rivals doing in social media marketing? – Gather valuable information from brand monitoring. This can then be used to help define what you can do to better the social media experience your business offers.
- Be aware of the ever-changing social media ecosystem – Keep close tabs on how any changes could affect your marketing strategies. Always look into the new and emerging networks – remember they could be ‘the next big thing’.
- What do you need to change? – Decide what can be modified or improved upon within your social media marketing strategy.
News brought to you by ClickThrough – experts in Search Engine Marketing & Internet Marketing.